- I.D.E.A’s work covers the whole range of design services. Our work is further distinguished by a long-term collaboration with outstanding specialist engineers, although we are happy to work with the qualified engineering offices nominated by clients as well.
Our aim is to create attractive, functional & safe urban environments linking buildings, spaces and activities. We provide a range of services for the design, planning, and construction of facilities in the urban environment, including:
FEASIBILITY DESIGN STUDIES
- Identify urban design issues and carry out urban design assessments including visual, bulk and spatial analysis exercises. Address key design issues such as location, context, neighbouring features, urban fabric, streetscapes, active edge, public realm, circulation, and climate etc., in addition to all legal & planning requirements. Relevant site features recorded and examined with analytical diagrams, sketches and computer generated models.
- Integrate planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, construction skills and knowledge to create comprehensive development plans. Assisting with formulation of a design brief, location studies, feasibility studies, and arranging land surveys.
- Space planning, architectural design, engaging specialised consultants, preliminary estimates of cost.
DEVELOPED DESIGN, APPROVAL DRAWINGS
- Detailed planning, selecting materials, presentation drawings, 3D computer models, Preparation of colour sample boards.
DETAIL DESIGN, GFC
- Coordination of consultants, detailed construction documentation, comprehensive specifications, colour schemes, building consent applications.